Monday 7 November 2016

Liverpool 6-1 Watford

Ahh football the only sport where you can travel 5 hours with hope get smashed 6-1 but still come home relatively happy!

Firstly I want to apologise for the lack of content on here in the past few weeks- I've had quite a few assignments so they unfortunately won (unlike Watford)

With Watford not playing Saturday I decided to take a trip to Peterborough to watch their FA Cup tie against Chesham. With my mate from Uni being a massive Posh fan It was a nice chance to sample what he watches week in week out. The less said about the game the better as it was dreadful and it left me saying "I'll never moan about Watford ever again"

Its fair to say that statement lasted less than 24 hours!

After an early start and a delayed train I had a feeling that it wouldn't be our day but as a football you have to remain optimistic so I spent the entire 5 hour journey trying to convince my mates we were going to take something from the game.

After the nicest chips with curry sauce and a cheap pint we found ourselves in the stand as the teams came out with the delusional optimism in the air as "You'll Never Walk Alone" was belted out by the home faithful.

Liverpool were quicker, stronger and faster than us and they raced into a 3-0 lead in the first half. Not that I saw the 3rd goal I had gone down for an early half time pint. Fuming at half time- I was having a rant before I was rudely interrupted to say that I wasn't allowed to moan as I hadn't followed Watford when we were terrible. After drawing out some poignant results from the past including a 3-1 defeat to Preston in 2011 the conversation came to an abrupt end.

The second half didn't get much better but do you know what it was enjoyable to cheer when we got a corner and sing "sexy football" after a string of passes- to say we were making the best out of a bad situation was an understatement. At least we fans made a good account of ourselves!

The game finished 6-1 and we trundled back to the train station laughing at what had just happened (its all we could do!)

All in all a decent away day, good company and a few beers. As for the performance well that doesn't matter.

You 'Orns!

Peterborough 2-1 Chesham United
Liverpool 6-1 Watford

Man Of The Match (Watford)- Amrabat- gives his all and looked genuinely sorry for what happened.

Away day rating- 7/10- surprisingly a very good day out despite the terrible result

Pogba v Capoue- Who even cares anymore?

@adzrowe on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment