Sunday 23 October 2016

Swansea 0-0 Watford- my post match thoughts

If you're not going to score in a game than it is imperative that you don't concede, thats exactly what The Hornets did Saturday when they took a valuable point away from the Liberty Stadium.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the match, I was at work so this post will more be about the result than the performance. However from what I have been told it was very similar to Boro last week minus the smash and grab winner.

Personally I think its an absolutely fantastic point and one that I am sure 90% of Watford fans would've taken before the game. Bob Bradley's first home game meant that players and fans alike would be up for the game and would've seen having us at home as a decent way to get their first win since the opening day.

The fact we've kept back to back clean sheets impresses me greatly, a few weeks back I thought we looked very suspect in defence and may find ourselves struggling for points. However we look relatively solid and by all accounts the back 3 were excellent yesterday. All Mazzari needs to do now is to find an attacking balance to go with it so we can extend our unbeaten run.

I've kept this short because as stated at the top I can't really comment on something I haven't seen, but things are definitely looking up. Looking at the league table and to see our club in 9th is remarkable and we have a great chance to move higher when we play Hull City next Saturday, a side who on their last away league game shipped 6 to Bournemouth.

9th in the league, onwards and upwards

You 'Orns!!

Capoue v Pogba- both players had games to forget this weekend so it remains 5-1 to Capoue (4 goals, 1 assist)

@adzrowe on twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment