Friday 9 September 2016

Who would I start v West Ham United

We travel to London Stadium to face West Ham United as we look for our first win of the new season. A difficult game is in store for The Hornets, as the hosts have star players Dimitri Payet and Manuel Lanzini returning. With this in mind here is my predicted starting XI for the game


My team is as follows (3-5-2)
Gomes

Britos
Prödl
Kabasele

Janmaat
Holebas
Behrami
Capoue
Pereyra

Deeney
Ighalo

I replace Amrabat for Daryl Janmaat as I think we need a defensively minded player to deal with the threat of Payet. This is harsh on Amrabat as he's started the season well but tactically it may benefit The Hornets to have a defensively based wingback. This doesn't knock our threat going forward either as the Dutchman can be a threat in an attacking sense through his crosses and overlapping play.

Roberto Pereyra is a must in the starting team tomorrow and will be our creative spark. He was our best player in the last match against Arsenal and will look to add to his debut goal in tomorrow's clash. I think having this creative player may bring the best out of our front two as well as they focus on doing what they do best- scoring goals. With someone their to create chances it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the  front two on the scoresheet tomorrow.

It's set for a thrilling encounter in East London. I personally think we may struggle and a point here will be an excellent result.

I keep getting stick about my match predictions but again I'll try to be optimistic. I'm going for an exciting 2-2 draw tomorrow.

Come on you Orns!

@Adzrowe

No comments:

Post a Comment