Sunday 4 December 2016

West Brom 3-1 Watford

I write this on the train home from Nottingham where I've just watched my mates team Peterborough concede a last minute goal against Notts County to draw 2-2 meaning a reply will decide their 2nd round FA Cup tie. A great game for the neutral but a complete sucker punch for The Posh, who coincidentally were done by a ref, sounds all too familiar for me being a Watford fan!

Now back to our game, I would rant on about the result but I really don't have time or energy to be honest.

West brom did play well in the opening 45 but it was two sloppy goals to concede from our perspective. It's about time we learnt to defend set pieces!

However we did play a lot better in the second half and potentially if we took our chances we could have taken a draw. As it was we didn't and we were beat. Still 10th in the league though so no need to panic just yet!

I thought there should've been 3 red cards yesterday, one for Pereyra and one each for McLean and Rondon for The Baggies. I'm sure The FA will take a look at the incident though.

I'll finish this relatively short post on a sad note. Unfortunately life long Watford fan Ray Batchelor died on the way home from the match with what looks like a cardiac arrest. As someone who witnessed the polices effort to revive him they deserve credit for everything they did to try to save him.

Whatever the score everyone should return home from a football match.

Ray was well liked by many Watford fans and I'm sure he'll be dearly missed by many.

There'll be a minutes applause for Ray on the 81st minute next week against Everton so please pass on to anyone you may know attending the game.

Perspective...

RIP Ray

You 'Orns


West Brom 3-1 Watford

Man of the match: Amrabat

Away day rating: 5/10

Pogba v Capoue: Same as last week

@Adzrowe on Twitter

Next match: Everton (H)

No comments:

Post a Comment